like starting a lemonade stand. Duh. What did you think I meant? Oh, ew. No! So you guys have already heard about how I hit rock bottom (slowly trying to work my way back up, thank you very much) & about how I have been looking for a new job (only one offer, part-time, making LESS than I am now…uh, no thanks).
We’re pretty broke, but I went on a rant yesterday about how I want to change my thinking & make the most of what we have now. That means, I’m going to try to stop stressing so freaking much about finding the perfect job & just go with the flow & maybe pursue other dreams (I majored in graphic design in school & have been waiting to land that grandiose job). Maybe I will save some money on hair dye as my hair will stop getting more & more gray.
In honor of this new change, I decided to do a post (& a list, yay!) of past jobs I’ve had to prove how crazy things have gotten in the past. I am not revealing the actual names of any of the places I’ve worked…because, well, that’s just unprofessional.
1. The fast food place. Reeked of raw chicken. ALL THE TIME. I did pretty much everything from working drive thru to the front line to some cooking. Was there for a year, left to go to college.
2. The steakhouse. I was a fill in hostess in between jobs. Stayed for 4 months before they went bankrupt & closed down.
3. The department store that had everything. I worked here on & off all throughout college. Originally I started as a sales associate on the floor in the children’s department, ended up being a receptionist. Was there a total of 3 years, left because I hated it & they pissed me off.
4. The magazine. Run by the college I went to, actually got to do graphic design work. SHOCK! Stayed for 2 years, then I graduated.
5. The internship. I got this straight out of college & actually moved halfway across the state to accept it. Did graphic design work (sort of)…then got fired 4 weeks in.
6. The photography studio. I actually liked this job at first, & it got me really interested in photography, but sucky management & a poor work environment caused me to leave 6 months in.
7. The dress shop. My current job. I’ve been there for almost a year and a half. I like it alright most days. I’m a receptionist & the people are really cool at the store I’m currently at, I just wish it were full-time.
There you have it. My sporadic work history. Now that that’s off my chest its time to go with the flow. We’ll see how long that lasts.