J-Bird & I have recently been immersed in the idea of car shopping. Now, I say idea because I’m still not entirely sure we’re ready to take it any further than that. The thought of buying a new car (& by “new” I, of course, mean “used”. What do we look like? Bazillionaires?) is catchy, but perhaps not realistic. Then again, will it ever be?
Now, let’s get a few things straight. As I may have mentioned before, J-Bird & I share a car. Another term I use loosely: share. By share, I mean, he doesn’t have a driver’s license so we solely depend on me to get us everywhere, on time, everyday. Sounds like a big deal, but it’s always been that way, so for me it’s not an issue. That does mean, however, that in the case of a new car, it will need to be mostly approved by me because I’ll be the one driving it.
Also, this will be my third car. Which seems like a lot to me. I’m going through more cars than underwear in a week at this point. That would be three cars in 8, almost 9 years. Seems excessive. In my defense, my first car was wrecked & it wasn’t my fault. I’d probably still have that car had it not been wrecked, but I digress.
Now, you guys are probably wondering why we’re even considering a new car at this point. I’ve had my current car for barely 2 years & just looking at it you’d think it was in fine shape. Except, it’s not. We’ve had a lot of problems out of it, spent quite a bit of money on repairs & it still clanks around like a door or bumper could fall off at any given second. I’m thinking sell it or trade it while we can still get some money out of it.
My ideas for car options currently are a Mazda3 or a Pontiac G6.
Thoughts? Anyone own either of these cars? Had experiences buying new cars? I’d like to hear from you.
Most of you (that may or may not still be with me at this point) are probably wondering where I’ve been. It’s been a weird past few weeks. Of course. This is me we’re talking about. I just didn’t want any of you to think I’d forgotten I have a blog. I didn’t.
I’ve just had this nosebleed thing going on. Like where my nose just starts bleeding & won’t stop. Then I look like I murdered an entire country & things get really ugly after that. Apparently, I busted some blood vessel in my nose & well, its causing me some issues. And tissues. Anyway, it’s caused my energy level to be really low & I’ve been feeling kinda lousy & my face has been sorta swelly. You get the idea. Not pretty. Literally.
Now that we’re done talking about gross things I can show you a picture of Maya! Yay! Ending on a cute note!
More pics are probably to come? I don’t know. She hates when my camera goes “click”. She also gets all diva on me when I try to get pictures of her. We’ll see.
Hope all is well in your world,
We finally got a pet! A cat, actually. You may have read my post before about adopting her. Her name is Maya. She’s beautiful & I adore her. We actually got her from her foster mom on Saturday & she’s been adapting to the Amityville house quite gracefully.
So, at this point you’re sitting there thinking, Brenna, what’s up with the title? Everything sounds totally hunky dory in your world!
Here we go: Apparently, I’m allergic to cats. Wait. Yea. You totally read that right. I’m seriously no joke allergic to my precious new-found buddy. I had no idea, obviously. I’d been around cats my entire childhood & never had any issues. My father in law has a cat currently & I’ve never noticed anything strange around him. But, if Maya starts licking me, I break out. Like, large red itchy bumps. Swelling. Its terrible.
However, we’ve decided to keep her. I’m already in love with her. She’s my snuggle bunny. But if you guys have any suggestions, please do let me know. Also, I’ll take pics of her because I know you guys are dying to see!
I’m officially back from vacation! I must say that between terrorizing my younger cousins and being terrorized by my cousins I’m ready for another vacation.
I’ll just highlight a few things about the trip. Let’s see, shall we do a list? Let’s do.
- My cousin got third degree burns on his nipple. Apparently if you put salt & ice together, it burns your skin off?
- That same cousin got stung by a jelly fish & I taught him how to pee on his sting.
- J-Bird woke me up at 6 am to go bike riding on the island we were staying on.
- My mom danced in front of God and everyone in a beachwear store. I’m pretty sure they considered kicking us out.
- My brother’s girlfriend talked me into trying on ridiculous bathing suits while my mom danced.
- A different cousin went off to get her bellybutton pierced. She’s only 15.
- That same cousin spilled Cheeze-Itz all over my bedroom floor, so we had little orange crumbs everywhere like the entire week.
- We visited the local aquarium. I petted a bamboo shark. I also yelled at a small Asian man in the cafe for not giving me a free refill on my drink.
- During the family photo shoot, I fell off a stool & still have the bruise to show for it.
- My mom & I purchased matching sweatshirts.
- I called 911 on two guys that hit my mom’s car with fireworks on the 4th of July.
So there it is. My vacation, which I know is a stretch in the meaning of the word, in a nutshell. I go back to work today. Back to life. Back to reality.