J-Bird and I took a 3 day mini vaykay to Atlanta to sightsee, do fun things, shop and go to a concert. I’d forgotten how much I like Atlanta. It’s been 12 long years since I’d been there, but it really is a cool city with alot of crazy people and insane drivers. All this time I thought I had converted over to a city girl but then I go to a place like Atlanta and feel like a total noob on the subway and realize…I’m somewhere in between city and country girl. Suburban living is my thing, perhaps.
Anyway, we saw Ellie Goulding in concert at the most amazing venue, the Fox Theater. If any of you guys have ever been there you know how awesome this place is…the decor, the lights, the seating…awesome. Also, Ellie is my favorite. Need I say more?
We also went on a tour of some the places The Walking Dead is filmed. Ummm…that, in and of itself was almost as awesome as the concert. Met some cool people. Got called zombie hunters. Made friends with a random ass cat.
We had breakfast at Ikea over the Atlanta skyline. Mmmmm…lingonberry juice…swedish pancakes…princess cake….these are the things happiness is made of.
I’m currently having my first bout of writer’s block. Its not even that I’m having an uninteresting week, either. I just really don’t know what I want to write about and I’m too tired to figure much else out. So I figured why pick a topic? I’ll just write a few minutes to let those of you that read know I haven’t forgotten that I do run a blog.
I’ve been awake since 3 am…whatever happens, whatever I say past this point, not my fault. Our yard has been taken over by caterpillars hanging from the trees…has this happened to anyone else? I don’t know if it’s just the area we live in or what’s going on, but I suppose I’d rather have a caterpillar infestation than a killer bee infestation, right? I mean, you have to choose your battles. Its kind of annoying when they land on your head. Or shoulder. And then you scream like a little girl.
In further news, I’ve become addicted to The Walking Dead. Best. TV. Show. Ever. But, please do tell me why I am always late to getting hooked on these things? Its like, everyone else likes something, then 6 months later (or 10 years later in the case of Harry Potter, hehe) I start liking it. Eh, better late than never I suppose. I haven’t caught on to the Hunger Games yet. Give me another year or so, I’ll catch up.
I saw 4 deer on the side of the road on the way home from work tonight. On the main highway. Just chillen there, eating some dindins. They did look mildly freaked out by all the cars, but then, perhaps they should have moved away from the road? Yea.
Here are the indications that my week is slowly going downhill:
- I’ve worn the same pajama pants to take J-Bird to work every morning so far this week.
- I managed to wash my car on Monday, only to have it covered in mud (from the “parking spot” in my yard) & pollen (because I don’t get a carport like my roommate) on Tuesday.
- Monday night my left eye randomly started swelling up.
- The last bullet point lead to me having to wear my 5-year-old glasses all day yesterday (they’re hot pink, as icing on the cake).
- I haven’t slept in 3 nights. Partly, though, because of the nightly thunderstorms we’ve been having.
- I literally can’t stop watching episodes of The Walking Dead.
- I’ve officially tried to convince J-Bird to move to Mexico & Georgia. I don’t know, either.
- I still haven’t left the bed today. Or showered.
- Wait, its only Wednesday?
You may not get another post this week,