All too often I get asked what kind of music I listen to. I don’t know why. I don’t know if I’m just mysterious & people can’t figure me out or if I’m hard to talk to so people are just trying to make small talk. Either way, I like music. All kinds. ridiculous stuff. Stuff that I sing loud & proud in my car. Guilty pleasures that no one else knows I listen to.
Today I break free. I spill all. I’m compiling a list. I’m not breaking them up into groups or anything, they’re just all going in there, my all time favorites, my guilty pleasures, & my current favorites (that are bound to get old by next week). In no specific order:
- Feel So Close-Calvin Harris
- Double Vision-3OH!3
- The Saltwater Room-Owl City
- Turn Me On-Nicki Minaj
- Ah Mary-Grace Potter & the Nocturnals
- Sexy & I Know It-LMFAO
- Enchanted-Taylor Swift
- Here in Your Arms-HelloGoodBye
- Old Pine-Ben Howard
- Starships-Nicki Minaj
- Here Comes the Sun-The Beatles
- Take Care-Drake ft. Rhianna
- Follow Me Down-3OH!3
- Sparks Fly-Taylor Swift
- God is a DJ-Pink
- I Love You Always Forever-Donna Lewis
- Here it Goes Again-OkGo
- Short Skirt Long Jacket-Cake
- Love Shack-The B-52’s
- Stronger-Kelly Clarkson
- Love You ‘Till The End-The Pogues
- How I Became The Sea-Owl City
- Party Rock Anthem-LMFAO
- Keep Your Head Up-Ben Howard
- Alligator Sky-Owl City
- You’re So Vain-Carly Simon
- Born This Way-Lady Gaga
- Brick by Boring Brick-Paramore
- Dirty Laundry-Bittersweet
- Straight up-Paula Abdul
- Show Me What I’m Looking For-Carolina Liar
- In Da Club-50 Cent
- Hold it Against Me-Britney Spears
- Don’t Upset the Rhythm-The Noisettes
- I’m Not Coming to Your Party-3OH!3
- Kamikaze-Owl City
- Whoa Is Me-Down With Webster
- Light Outside-Wakey!Wakey!
- We R Who We R-Ke$ha
- Glad You Came-The Wanted
- Today Was a Fairytale-Taylor Swift
- Basic Space-The XX
- Keep Your Head Up-Ben Howard
- C-C-C-Cinnamon Lips-OkGo
- Marry Me-Train
- Blah Blah Blah-Ke$ha
Alright, I know I’ve forgotten some, but there’s a few. Yea, a few. Tell me: What on here do you also listen to? What do you hate? What should I be listening to that’s not even on my list?
I may lose a few of you over saying this, but I’m gonna go there. Why? Because that’s what I do. I give my opinion. Even when it goes against everything everyone else believes in. You ready for this wild woman statement? Let’s hope so.
I hate Adele. Yes, as in Adele, the freaking british singer.
I hate her music. I guess her voice is ok, I mean, I can’t sing that great so whatevs. But I don’t like any of her songs. At this point, I don’t even care what they’re about, I just don’t like them. The rhythm, her voice…everything just simply sucks for me.
The radio over plays them like crazy. 3 of my favorite radio stations were all playing her songs at the same time the other day (just not all the same song). It’s all a bit much, don’t you think?
There’s also rumors floating around that she’s going to take 5 years off to focus on her personal life…hello? She’s not famous enough to do that. She’d be ending her career. But what do I care? I don’t even like her so go right ahead & step down at the height of your success, dummy.
The only thing I can’t complain about is the way she looks. She is quite pretty & I have nothing to say against the way the looks.
Until next time…
Yesterday as I was sitting in the parking lot waiting for J-bird to get off work, listening to the radio, they said Be the 20th caller to win $1000!!. So I picked up my cell phone & started dailing. When J-bird got to the car 15 minutes later, I was still dailing. I handed the phone to him & told him to keep dailing. He was confused, I told him we were going to win money. Well, sorry to disappoint, we didn’t win the money, but it did spark the conversation for today’s blog post: what I would do for $1000. We decided to make a list.
- Dial a number 200 times.
- Eat 100 chicken wings in one sitting. Within an hour.
- Shave my head. (But then I’d go buy a wig with my winnings…or J-bird said keep the hair & glue it onto a hat)
- Get “thug life” tattooed on my ankle. Sorry, ankle is as hardcore as I’d go for $1000.
- Wear butter instead of deodorant for 2 days.
- Spend the night in a coffin (above ground…hey this isn’t a million dollars we’re talking about).
- Drink a bottle of hot sauce.
- Eat a peanut butter & jelly sandwich. So, for most of you, this makes no sense. You may do this occasionally for lunch. But I hate peanut butter with a passion, so this would be HUGE for me. Actually, I’m not sure I could do this without throwing up. This is the hardest one on the list, by far.
- Slash my roommate’s tires. Actually, I may just do this anyway. No payment necessary.
- Watch all the Twilight movies in a row. Actually, might have to bump it up to $1500 for this one.
How desparate are you for money nowadays? What would you do for $1000?