I’m officially back from vacation! I must say that between terrorizing my younger cousins and being terrorized by my cousins I’m ready for another vacation.
I’ll just highlight a few things about the trip. Let’s see, shall we do a list? Let’s do.
- My cousin got third degree burns on his nipple. Apparently if you put salt & ice together, it burns your skin off?
- That same cousin got stung by a jelly fish & I taught him how to pee on his sting.
- J-Bird woke me up at 6 am to go bike riding on the island we were staying on.
- My mom danced in front of God and everyone in a beachwear store. I’m pretty sure they considered kicking us out.
- My brother’s girlfriend talked me into trying on ridiculous bathing suits while my mom danced.
- A different cousin went off to get her bellybutton pierced. She’s only 15.
- That same cousin spilled Cheeze-Itz all over my bedroom floor, so we had little orange crumbs everywhere like the entire week.
- We visited the local aquarium. I petted a bamboo shark. I also yelled at a small Asian man in the cafe for not giving me a free refill on my drink.
- During the family photo shoot, I fell off a stool & still have the bruise to show for it.
- My mom & I purchased matching sweatshirts.
- I called 911 on two guys that hit my mom’s car with fireworks on the 4th of July.
So there it is. My vacation, which I know is a stretch in the meaning of the word, in a nutshell. I go back to work today. Back to life. Back to reality.
We did end up going to the beach if you’ve read part 1 of the Vacation log. Upon arriving at the beach front we realized it would be $2 per hour to park there, so we began scraping together change for the parking meter. This shouldn’t have been that hard of a task since I’d just robbed the Indian man, but my purse eats things, so as I sat there & dug around another car pulled up to the meter beside us.
A young woman stepped out of the car & began putting change in (apparently) what she thought was her meter. It was actually ours. Now, since they were clearly labeled, we considered this her fault & this happens to be our second robbery of that day. We didn’t pay her meter, we just simply walked away. I know, I’ve had some bad karma, believe me.
After walking along the beach for a while, we began to wonder along the streets of houses. Cute little houses. Snapping pictures. Laughing. Joking. Until J-Bird (I kid you not) almost gets knocked right in the head with a dead baby bird falling from the sky. We still do not know where the damn thing fell from or what happened exactly, but smack. Right there on the pavement, J-Bird having a panic attack & all.
We decided after that it was time to head back to the hotel room. Which is where we stayed until Thursday morning because of the tropical depression that dumped tons of rain on us Wednesday. We were under flood warnings, tornado watches & severe t-storm something or others all day.
We rounded the trip off with a beach day on Thursday, where I got to wear my new bathing suit & we didn’t even get a sunburn! Yay!
I’m pretty sure we need a vacation after that vacation. Actually, I might just opt out of vacations from now until the end of time.